“If you have a phone and 15 minutes a week
you can change a life from anywhere”
What people need today is not more information
but Ongoing Personal Support.
Be part of today’s cutting edge evangelism.
Reflecting Christ Through Ongoing Personal Support
Our purpose in health ministry is to help our members and community to not only experience vibrant physical health, but also become acquainted with the creator who gave them life. To accomplish this it is important to know how people think, what they want, and what prevents achievement of their goals. Ask anyone if they want to be healthy and the answer is an obvious yes. They also usually have a pretty good idea of what they need to do to enjoy better health, so more information is not their primary need. What most people need is support.
When we listen to them and provide personal support, we learn how to help people step by step achieve their goals and in so doing we are also reflecting the very character of an ever supportive God.
Many today are discovering the benefits of a supportive coach for life, business, sports and interpersonal relationships. Is it time for us also to recognize one of Gods greatest methods for success, by “coming close to people through personal effort”.
When we put on health programs, whether large or small. The participants will be helped and they will come away with valuable information. As they have a renewed interest in making some changes in their health practices they will also realize that unless they have help they will fail again at these new efforts as well. They will need ongoing personal support. We must “come close to people through personal effort” in the most effective and ongoing way.
Our goal is to have Personal Support Teams available so that all who need support could have a “coach” assigned to help them reach their goals in health and life. Most coaching is done over the phone so you don’t have to live in the local area to take part in this ministry.
Reflect God’s character through:
- Giving Insight
- Asking Questions
- Ongoing Personal Support
Today coaching is one of the most successful way of supporting people on an ongoing basis, coaching by phone is more effective than in-person because:
People have busy lives
It takes them too long to meet in person
You will keep connected with them longer
Easier to maintain consistency
(If you live close you can do both, phone for consistency but get together in person at times)
No matter where you live you can become the most important person on the health team. The one that helps put the program knowledge into practice and provide the clearest reflection of Gods character.
Contact Rick Mautz [email protected] to set up training programs in your local church. Whether or not you choose to become part of the Personal Support Team, the training is invaluable for all areas of ministry including personal and family growth.
Health Partner Training Videos
(Click on your choice 1-17 below)
- Welcome and Health Path
- Making it Personal
- Introduction to Coaching
- The Four Coaching Skills
- Power Questions
- Ongoing Personal Support
- Sample Health Partner Interactions
- Your Dream
- Setting Goals
- Action Steps
- Understanding Change
- Motivation and Confidence
- Discovering Their Need
- Health Principles
Coaching Handout Material as referred to in the videos:
- Download page View page now 1 A Personal Work
- Download page View page now 2 Types of Therapeutic Communications
- Download page View page now 3 Coaching Partnership
- Download page View page now 4 Step by Step Getting Ready
- Download page View page now 5 Step by Step First Session
- Download page View page now 6 First Coaching Session Checklist
- Download page View page now 7 Vision Planing tool
- Download page View page now 8 Vision & 3mo goals form
- Download page View page now 9 Vision and Goals Instruction
- Download page View page now 10 Step by Step Weekly
- Download page View page now 11 Weekly Coaching Checklist
- Download page View page now 12 Coach’s weekly worksheet
- Download page View page now 13 Week log sheet with check boxes
- Download page View page now 14 Coaching Dos & donts
- Download page View page now 15 Coaching Behavior Change Pyramid
- Download page View page now 16 Skills and Tools
- Download page View page now 17 Discovering Their Need
- Download page View page now 18 Coaching Inquiry and Awareness
- Download page View page now 19 Motivational Coaching
- Download page View page now 20 Increasing Motivation & Confidence
- Download page View page now 21 Ambivalence Questions
- Download page View page now 22 Sample Coaching Questions
- Download page View page now 23 Creation Health
- Download page View page now 24 Lifestyle Coaching Reference Guides
- Download page View page now 25 Health Principles in Wellness Coaching
- Download page View page now 26 Exercise and Nutrition
- Download page View page now 27 Coaching Stress & Spiritual Arias
- Download page View page now 28 Spiritual Questions
For a File with all pages use the choices below otherwise use above choices for individual files
For more information contact Rick Mautz ([email protected]) or by phone 303-909-8274.