To apply for this position, click here to request an application.
Applicants must be members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and possess current authorization to work in the United States.
Position Title: Women’s Ministry Coordinator
Department/Location: Rocky Mountain Conference/Denver, CO
Immediate Supervisor: Ministerial Director
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Status: Part-time, Non-Exempt (hourly)
Wage Scale: RMC Ministry Coordinator, 61 - 79%
Date: March 22, 2018
The mission of the Rocky Mountain Conference is to lovingly support and empower every member in our conference to know Christ and to make Him fully known through education, outreach, and service, and by communicating hope and encouraging an intimate connection with each other and with Christ.
The Women’s Ministry Coordinator is responsible for building a community of godly women within the Rocky Mountain Conference.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Mentor and disciple women of the church, helping them to grow spiritually.
- Plan and coordinate women’s conferences, retreats and other events.
- Communicate, promote and advertise events, ensuring local churches are aware of local events.
- Develop a women’s ministries budget and oversee the distribution of funds and keep track of expenditures.
- Work with appropriate committees, officers and leaders to carry out the mission of the church.
- Pray regularly for the women of the church and God’s direction.
- Other duties as assigned by the direct supervisor.
All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established as part of the annual performance planning process. Some of those Goals/Targets will include:
- Attendance and punctuality: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work.
- Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
- Communicates effectively in English, both orally and in writing, with church members, volunteers, conference staff, supervisors and other professionals on a regular basis.
- Wearing the armor of the Fruits of the Spirit, the employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- The employee commits to being a life-long learner and sets measurable goals (short- and long-term) for both personal and professional development/growth.
- Be a member in good standing of a Seventh-day Adventist church within the Rocky Mountain Conference.
- Faithfully return an honest tithe to the Rocky Mountain Conference.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- A willingness to share their Christian testimony and instruct others in the faith
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Works independently with little direct supervision
- Works as part of a team
- Accepts responsibility and is self-motivated
- Demonstrates strong work ethic to achieve academic goals
- Displays effective multi-tasking and time management skills
- Technology and Equipment
- Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Comfortable using the Internet to conduct research and send/receive email.
- Must be able to use common office equipment such a copiers and fax machines.
- Competencies (skills and personal characteristics that an individual should possess in order to be successful in this position)
- Problem solving
- Job motivation/initiative
- Time management
Typical Physical Demands
Tasks may involve periods of time at a keyboard or workstation. Must be able to read, speak, and hear. Must be able to effectively communicate in English, both orally and in writing. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, walk, bend, kneel, reach and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
This part-time position is a non-exempt, hourly position with a variable work week of approximately 10 hours/week. This position is eligible for overtime when more than 12 hours are worked in a single day or more than 40 hours in a single week. There is no averaging of hours of two or more weeks. The workweek is defined as Sunday through Saturday. All overtime hours must be pre-approved by the direct supervisor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential responsibilities are performed while sitting, standing or kneeling. This position requires some flexibility and responsiveness. The employee primarily works out of her home office or at designated offsite locations during events and retreats.
All employees are expected to uphold the values of the Rocky Mountain Conference of Seventh-day Adventists. Employees are missionaries, demonstrating a desire and a commitment to sharing the love of Christ.