To apply for this position, click here to request an application.
Position Title: Receptionist and Membership Clerk
Immediate Supervisor: VP for Finance
Supervisory Responsibilities None
Status: Part-time, Non-Exempt (hourly)
Wage Scale: Receptionist, 49–67%
Date: August 23, 2017
Our mission is to lovingly support and empower every member in our conference to know Christ and to make Him fully known through education, outreach, and service, and by communicating hope and encouraging an intimate connection with Christ and with each other.
The Receptionist and Membership Clerk provides administrative support by performing such tasks as conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, filing, receiving visitors, and answering the phone.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate individuals or take messages.
- Greet visitors, answer questions and determine whether they should be given access to certain individuals.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Create and maintain a filing system, both paper and electronic, to file and retrieve department documents, records, correspondence, reports, etc.
- Prepare letters, memos, mailings/emails and promotional materials for Disaster Relief Coordinator.
- Shred items that are confidential in nature, but no longer needed.
- Order and maintain office supplies for all departments.
- Inventory office supplies, toner cartridges and paper each January.
- Record daily checks for the Treasury department.
- Periodically update inter-office phone extensions and cell numbers and distribute to staff.
- Maintain accurate records for ONE CALL NOW.
- Prepare letters, memos, and mailings/emails.
- Maintain membership data in eAdventist and prepare/send statistical reports on membership to MAUC each quarter.
- Set up new eAdventist accounts for pastors and others who need access and terminate those accounts when necessary.
- Contribute to the production of the RMC directory by ensuring that eAdventist data is current.
- Train local church membership clerks to use eAdventist to update information and provide key membership information such as transfers, baptisms, address changes, membership lists, etc. and help resolve membership issues with/for clerks.
- Prepare membership transfer list for the Executive Committee.
- Gather information and send reports to MAUC, NAD or Adventist World for Hispanic ministries statistical report, media ministries, New Believes list, languages report, etc. when requested.
- Accept and receipt monies for Hispanic camp meetings and women’s ministry meetings.
- Other tasks as assigned or requested.
The following Performance Factors are used during the annual review process to determine if the employee is meeting job expectations:
- Attendance and punctuality: The employee can be depended on to be available and attend necessary meetings and arrive on time to planned events and activities.
- Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
- The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with supervisors, colleagues, volunteers and youth.
- Wearing the armor of the Fruits of the Spirit, the employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- The employee commits to being a life-long learner and sets measurable goals (short- and long-term) for both personal and the department’s development/growth.
- Be a member in good standing of a church within the Rocky Mountain Conference
- Faithfully return tithe to the Rocky Mountain Conference
- Education—high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Proven track record with organization and detail.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Internet Explorer and email tools.
- Ability to learn and operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented.
- Ability to use a fax machine, phone system, copier, printers, and other standard office equipment.
- Ability to conduct research to locate specific information, using print resources such as archived company documents and/or online resources such as the internet.
- Competencies (skills and personal characteristics that an individual should possess in order to be successful in this position)
- Detail oriented
- Analytical/Problem solving
- Job motivation/initiative
- Time management
- Life-long learner
Typical Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear, walk, bend, kneel, and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. The employee is frequently required to use stairs. Must be able to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential responsibilities are performed primarily in a sedentary and comfortable manner. Tasks are usually performed under normal office conditions with little or no noticeable discomfort. Work area is well lighted and ventilated.
The position is a part-time, hourly position with an expectation of 28 hours per week (Monday–Thursday, 9:00am–5:00pm with a 1-hour lunch period). On occasion, may require some evening and weekend expectations. This position is eligible for overtime when more than 12 hours are worked in a single day or more than 40 hours in a single week. There is no averaging of hours of two or more weeks. The workweek is defined as Sunday through Saturday. All hours that exceed 28/week, including overtime hours must be pre-approved by the direct supervisor.
Please Note: The statements found in this job description are meant to describe the overall general nature and level of the work performed by an employee functioning in this position. The tasks, duties, responsibilities, functions, skills, talents, etc. outlined in the description is not an exhaustive list and should not be construed as such. Rocky Mountain Conference Administration reserves the right to modify this job description as/when needed in order to fulfill the mission of the Conference.