To apply for this position, click here to request an application.
Applicants must be members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and possess current authorization to work in the United States.
Position Title: Human Resources Clerk
Department/location: Conference Office/Denver, CO
Immediate Supervisor: Human Resources Director
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Status: Part-time, Non-Exempt
Wage Scale: Community Wage Rate
Date: January 31, 2018
The mission of the Rocky Mountain Conference is to lovingly support and empower every member in our conference to know Christ and to make Him fully known through education, outreach, and service, and by communicating hope and encouraging an intimate connection with each other and with Christ.
The part-time Human Resources (HR) Clerk will work with day-to-day HR data, ensuring accuracy of information and manage thousands of employment records, both hard copy and electronic, working closely to safeguard all sensitive and confidential information. The position requires exceptional attention to detail, expert organization skills and explicit discretion in all confidential information regarding the Rocky Mountain Conference and its employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains both the hard copy and electronic employee records and file management systems (File Manager) by doing the following:
- Scan documents and save them to the appropriate file in the File Center.
- Ensure documents are readable after they have been scanned.
- Ensure original documents that need to be retained are returned to their hard copy folder.
- Create and/or file originals.
- Move documents as needed based on employee classification/status.
- Appropriately archive files/documents, both electronic and hard copy.
- Work with new hires and employees regarding needed paperwork.
- Work with the payroll department to ensure they have necessary forms/documents for payroll purposes.
- Pick up, open and distribute the daily mail.
- Mail and/or fax department correspondence and materials, such as service records, retirement applications, annual benefit letters, etc.
- Assist with employee data entry tasks into various HR systems.
- Assist with ensuring employee and volunteer compliance with required training (i.e. child protection, sexual harassment, blood borne pathogens, etc.) and background checks.
- Send and collect employment applications and other employment documents via electronic transfer, email and mail.
- Shred confidential documents that are no longer needed.
- As needed, assist with special assignments such as the annual health care open enrollment, preparing materials for onboarding, etc.
- Cross train to understand the full spectrum of HR tasks.
- Make requests of HR supplies when low or needed.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
The following Performance Factors are used to determine if the employee is meeting job expectations:
- Attendance and punctuality: The employee can be depended on to be available for work as specified on the employment offer form and/or as discussed with the direct supervisor.
- Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
- The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with supervisors, office staff and visitors to the conference office.
- Wearing the armor of the Fruits of the Spirit, the employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Be a member in good standing of a church within the Rocky Mountain Conference
- Faithfully return tithe to the Rocky Mountain Conference
- Education—high school diploma or its equivalent, and relevant work experience preferred.
- Proven track record with organization and detail.
- High proficiency in using Microsoft Office, including Word, Internet Explorer and email tools.
- Ability and desire to learn and adapt to new computer software and/or technology platforms.
- Ability to proficiently use a fax machine, phone system, copier, printers, postal machine, and other standard office equipment.
- Competencies (skills and personal characteristics that an individual should possess in order to be successful in this position)
- Detail oriented
- Analytical/Problem solving
- Job motivation/initiative
Typical Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear, walk, bend, and may occasionally lift up to 25 pounds and carry items for short distances. The employee will be required to work at a computer for most of the work period, with significant use of a scanner, copier, telephone, and other standard office equipment. The employee will be required to use stairs and must be able to effectively communicate in English both orally and in writing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential responsibilities are performed primarily in a sedentary and comfortable manner. Tasks are usually performed under normal office conditions with little or no noticeable discomfort. Work area is well lighted and ventilated.
The position is a part-time, hourly position with an expectation of 18 hours per week (4.5 hours per day, Monday–Thursday); however, this position is eligible for overtime if more than 12 hours are worked in a single day or more than 40 hours in a single week. There is no averaging of hours of two or more weeks. The workweek is defined as Sunday through Saturday. All hours over 18/week and any overtime hours must be pre-approved by the department director.
Please Note: The statements found in this job description are meant to describe the overall general nature and level of the work performed by an employee functioning in this position. The tasks, duties, responsibilities, functions, skills, talents, etc. outlined in the description is not an exhaustive list and should not be construed as such. Rocky Mountain Conference Administration reserves the right to modify this job description as/when needed in order to fulfill the mission of the Conference.