To apply for this position, click here to request an application.
Position Title: Head of Housekeeping
Department/location: Glacier View Ranch/Ward, CO
Immediate Supervisor: Camp Ministries Director
Supervisory Responsibilities: Summer Camp Housekeeping staff (summer months only)
Status: Part-time, Non-Exempt
Wage Scale: Community Wage Rates
Date: September 27, 2017
“Our mission is to lovingly support and empower every member in our conference to know Christ and to make Him fully known through education, outreach, and service, and by communicating hope and encouraging an intimate connection with Christ and with each other.”
The Head of Housekeeping position ensures that health standards are met and performs cleaning duties to ensure that the Glacier View Ranch lodge, cabins and facilities are maintained in a clean and orderly manner. Employee will also oversee summer camp housekeeping staff during the summer months.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make beds (remove used linens and replace with cleaned sets).
- Dust furniture.
- Ensure room decorations are in order.
- Replace light bulbs.
- Clean bathrooms, washing sinks, scrubbing tubs, sweeping floors, etc.
- Empty wastebaskets and transport trash and other waste to disposal areas.
- Order supplies, ensuring that supplies are well stocked and can meet the needs of the lodge and guests.
- Communicate when fixtures or items are in need of repair.
- Prepare rooms for meetings, arranging decorations, media equipment, and furniture for social or business functions.
- Keep foyer, hallways, stairways, entryways, etc. clean and in order.
- Laundry as needed, including sorting, counting and marking clean linens and storing them in linen closets.
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture and draperies, using vacuum cleaners and shampooers.
- Wash windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned, such as assisting in the kitchen with food service as needed.
The following Performance Factors are used to determine if the employee is meeting job expectations:
- Attendance and punctuality: The employee can be depended on to be available and attend necessary meetings and arrive on time to planned events and activities.
- Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
- The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with supervisors, coworkers, volunteers and guests.
- Wearing the armor of the Fruits of the Spirit, the employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- The employee commits to being a life-long learner and sets measurable goals (short- and long-term) for both personal and the department’s development/growth.
- Be a member in good standing of a church within the Rocky Mountain Conference
- Faithfully return tithe to the Rocky Mountain Conference
- Education—Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior work in housekeeping, maid service, janitorial or other similar industries.
- Proven track record with organization and detail.
- Ability to direct multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Internet Explorer and email tools.
- Ability to use a fax machine, phone system, copier, printers, and other standard office equipment.
- Competencies (skills and personal characteristics that an individual should possess in order to be successful in this position)
- Detail oriented
- Analytical/Problem solving
- Job motivation/initiative
- Time management
- Life-long learner
Typical Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, walk, bend, kneel, reach overhead, stoop, push, pull and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds and carry items for short distances and up/down stairs. The employee is frequently required to use stairs. Employee spends long hours on their feet performing job duties. Must be able to effectively communicate in English both orally and in writing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential responsibilities are performed while working at Glacier View Ranch in Ward, Colorado, which is at an elevation of 9,450 feet. Employee must be able to work at this altitude. While performing housekeeping and kitchen tasks, employee may be exposed to unpleasant and noxious fumes and odors and may require an employee to be exposed to hazardous work environments. While working in the kitchen, the employee will be exposed to excessive heat temperatures while using common kitchen appliances such as the stove, oven, dishwasher, and sink (hot water). In addition, many items in the kitchen are sharp and potentially dangerous. The employee will also be exposed to chemicals and solutions that are commonly used to clean and disinfect the bathrooms, kitchen, dining, serving areas, etc. Some jobs require an employee to work where there is a significant chance of injury. Employee is expected to take necessary precautions and to use great skill and care when working in such conditions.
The position is a part time, hourly position with a budgeted expectation of 32 hours per week. This position is eligible for overtime when more than 12 hours are worked in a single day or more than 40 hours in a single week. There is no averaging of hours of two or more weeks. The workweek is defined as Sunday through Saturday. All overtime hours must be pre-approved by the direct supervisor.
Please Note: The statements found in this job description are meant to describe the overall general nature and level of the work performed by an employee functioning in this position. The tasks, duties, responsibilities, functions, skills, talents, etc. outlined in the description is not an exhaustive list and should not be construed as such. Rocky Mountain Conference Administration reserves the right to modify this job description as/when needed in order to fulfill the mission of the Conference.