To apply for this position, click here to request an application.
Position Title: Before and After School Care Supervisor
Department/Location: Lower and Middle School/Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Immediate Supervisor: Preschool Director
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Status: Part-time, Non-Exempt (hourly)
Wage Scale: Community Wage Rates
Date: June 27, 2017
We are building a dynamic team of educators with a passion for education and the philosophy that every child can learn. The Mission of Mile High Academy is to provide an excellent Christ centered education that empowers young people to excel. While this is our mission we have some very specific goals
- MHA will be the catalyst to experience and share Jesus with everyone
- Each employee will be committed to helping foster our CHERISH Core Values in our community
MHA is committed to a bold and innovative departure in hybrid or blended learning, using digital curriculum in the core subjects, integrated technology in instruction, engaging students in project-based learning activities, and promoting meaningful community service for all students.
The Before and After School Care Supervisor is responsible for the management of the children in the before school & afterschool childcare program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Model the Fruits of the Spirit in working with students, parents and staff.
- Assist in planning and preparing the learning environment, setting up learning centers and preparing needed materials and supplies.
- Assist in the implementation of the daily program.
- Create a schedule for: playtime, snacks, homework time or quiet time
- Follow directions given by Director of Preschool or Principal
- Follow through with line up and walking P-8th grade students back to main building
- General housekeeping and kitchen tasks.
- Lock up the building once last student is checked out with parent
- Maintain and ensure that parents are signing students out at pick up time
- Maintain a safe environment for students to play and learn
- Maintain confidentiality about children, their families, and other employees outside the school.
- Maintain professional attitudes and loyalty to the school.
- Report to work:
- Before School Care: Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 8:30 am
- After School Care: Monday – Thursday 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm & Friday 12:30 pm – 6:00 pm
- Supervise outside playground activities.
- Supervise the classroom
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established as part of the annual performance planning process or as the result of organizational planning. Some of those Goals/Targets will include:
- Attendance and punctuality: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
- Communicates effectively in English, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis.
- Wearing the armor of the Fruits of the Spirit, the employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Be a member in good standing of a church within the Rocky Mountain Conference.
- Faithfully return tithe to the Rocky Mountain Conference.
- A willingness to share their Christian testimony and instruct others in the faith
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and completed ECE 101 and 102. Elementary Education or Early Childcare Education degree preferred.
- Competencies (skills and personal characteristics that an individual should possess in order to be successful in this position)
- Warm and friendly personality
- Sensitive to the feelings and needs of others
- Able to relate well to children and employees
- Be willing to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with the school’s educational philosophy.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Tasks may involve short periods of time at a keyboard or workstation as well as standing for extended periods of time while working with and supervising students. The employee must also possess the ability to work with multi-age students with diverse backgrounds and abilities. Must be able to read, speak, and hear. Must be able to effectively communicate in English, both orally and in writing. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, walk, bend, kneel, reach and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds and carry items for short distances. The employee may be required to use stairs.
This position is a non-exempt, hourly position with an expectation of 25 hours a week. This position is eligible for overtime when more than 12 hours are worked in a single day or more than 40 hours in a single week. There is no averaging of hours of two or more weeks. For overtime purposes, the workweek is defined as Sunday through Saturday. All hours that exceed 25, including overtime hours must be pre-approved by the VP of Operations or Head of School.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential responsibilities are performed while sitting, standing or kneeling. This position is highly demanding and requires great flexibility and responsiveness. Schools are typically well lighted and ventilated. Noise volumes may vary as children are known to cry, babble, talk, scream, sing, yell, etc., and cause/make sounds, sometimes excessively, during their normal play and daily activities.
All employees are expected to uphold the values of the Rocky Mountain Conference of Seventh-day Adventists. Employees are missionaries, demonstrating a desire and a commitment to sharing the love of Christ.
Please Note: The statements found in this job description are meant to describe the overall general nature and level of the work performed by an employee functioning in this position. The tasks, duties, responsibilities, functions, skills, talents, etc. outlined in the description is not an exhaustive list and should not be construed as such. The local school board and/or Rocky Mountain Conference Administration reserves the right to modify this job description as/when needed in order to fulfill the mission of the Conference.